Saturday, July 25, 2015

Stressed, overworked, underpaid - The solution

For most of us when starting out in online marketing, there's the image we try and project to the world.

The image of success.

And then there's the behind-the-scenes reality.

I remember buying into my first 'business opportunity' back in late 2008. 

It was 2k. 

I attended the company sales webinar, heard all the live testimonials of people who were making all this money, and I got excited.

"This seems simple enough" I thought. 

"If they can do it, then so can I."

So I buy in.

For the next few months I do absolutely nothing.

But I happily tell anyone who asks that I'm involved in a business now where people are routinely making 50k/ month and more...

...and from the way I talk about it, they can tell there's no doubt in my mind I'll soon be one of those people.
March 2009:  I invest another 38k in this company.

After 9 months in, I still haven't made a dime.

Literally, not a single dollar. 

I don't get too upset at the company, as I know it's my own fault. 

I just need to develop the necessary skills (like lead generation, honing my sales chops, and learning to focus on the important revenue-generating tasks during my work hours) and then I'll be able to get results.

But it's becoming increasingly frustrating - and my own self image when it comes to running a successful business is becoming very fragile.

Finally, I get a sale. 

It feels GOOD.

For the next 2 years, I have more good days.

An example of a good day might be the one I have in late Feb, 2010, where I have a customer go 'all in' and get the 2 back end programs I was promoting - which nets me over 15k AUD.

But those days are extremely rare - I can count them on one hand.

The majority are quiet 'earn-nothing' days.

Most months, I was lucky to clear a few thousand dollars.

This was my full time income source remember, so that money didn't go very far.

For the amount of time and effort I was putting in, I couldn't help but feel ripped off.

Was all of this really worth it?

Should I just quit, go back to uni, finish my degree, and get a job? 

That's what everyone around me was telling me I should do.

Having to admit they were right was not an option.

A huge motivator was (and always has been) proving the people who doubt me wrong.

But still... it was just so hard.

+++

You may be wondering why I continued to persist, long after the evidence of my results suggested I was not cut out for this business.

I'll tell you.

It was the stories.

The stories of everyday people who were getting amazing results in the company I was with.

I'd see and hear about them making sales... and it gave me hope.

Hope that I could turn it all around. 

Hope that my 2 years of inconsistent and mediocre results did not determine my future results - and that one day, things would be different.

I drew inspiration from those stories. 

They fuelled my fire, and I decided to persist.

++++

So 4 days back, I was thinking about my early days of struggle (as I often do) and also reading comments from some of our MOBE affiliates in a Facebook group, who were going through similar struggles.

I was in the shower, and as often happens there, an idea came to me.

And before I could dismiss it as not being important enough to pursue, I told Steven in our office to begin work on this new idea immediately.

This is the idea: MOBEInspiration.com

MOBE Inspiration


Let me explain...

If you are a MOBE affiliate partner (or you want to become one) - this website will be one of the best sources of daily motivation and inspiration for building your business online.

Especially if you’re just starting out, or if you've been struggling to get your business off the ground.

The good thing is, MOBE has not shortage of inspirational stories.

We’ve paid out $25 million in commissions so far to people all around the world - people just like you - and every single day we have new success stories streaming in.

Up until now, you haven’t been able to hear many of these stories.

But with MOBE Inspiration, that is about to change.

As a subscriber, each day I’m going to email you a collection of new success stories.

You’re going to hear about who’s making commissions, and what those people are doing to get results.

Some of them are making their first commission ever in MOBE.

Some of them are making their first commission ever.

All of them are normal people, just like you and me, doing amazing things.

This is going to help a lot of MOBE entrepreneurs around the world turn the corner.

Again, it’s completely free.

And who knows - you might even be featured in the daily email when you make a commission too!