Monday, July 20, 2015

Bring your business to the next level!

I try and email you at least once a day, but there are times when I run out of inspiration and ideas for what to write.

So, I was thinking... "what do you need right now - what could I tell you that is going to help you get to the next level in your online business?"

Here goes:

There's over 100,000 people who get this email newsletter - but unfortunately, the vast majority have never made a dime online.

So that's what I wanna talk about today…

Let me see if I can impart a little advice, that will actually help you.

http://m0be.com/java661/9b41130d

I've been where you are right now.

Over these past 5 years that I've been at this... I've gotten a true marketing and business education that my 4 years at college couldn't come close to.

I spent the years 2008 - mid 2011 chasing every single shiny object that came along.

I remember watching all those new product launch videos, and experiencing that feeling: "this is it... this is the answer I've been looking for."

But, for some reason, it never was.

I started to become very bitter about the whole thing. 

Emotionally exhausted too.

I remember one night in early 2011 - studying books on Google Analytics, and my head literally was throbbing because there was just SO much to learn - it was like I was being pummeled by new pieces of information from every direction, and I did not know where to turn.

My phone rang, and I answered in frustration, "WHAT???"

It was my dad.

Silence... then him asking, "what's wrong?"

In that moment, I knew something had to change - this was not what I'd signed up for.

A few months after that moment, I got a few sales.

I'd had this happen before - the problem was, they were never sustained.

The difference this time, was when I got to the end of the month and looked at my total sales (about 700 bucks) I made a decision that would alter the course of my life.

Rather than looking at my business as this big mass of 1000 things I had to do... I blocked out everything except one single goal which I saw with clarity:

Beat my last monthly sales target.

My goal for this new month was to just beat that 700 in total sales.

That's it.

I stopped thinking about this idea of 10,000 a month or more... I stopped watching all the new product launches that were coming up each day...

I stopped buying things that weren't going to immediately help me get to the next level.

I just had one simple goal, and that was to beat my previous monthly record.

So the next month, I got to work.

I asked, "what were the action steps I took to get those few prior sales?"

I then made it a point to do them again, and again, and again.

Within 12 days... I'd surpassed that 700 / month level, and ended up closing that month out at about 3600.

The next month I did the same - and got to somewhere around 7500 - now I was getting excited!

I went backwards the following month... but then in December of 2011, finished at 45k.

And it went on and on from there.

It's important that you understand the lesson here... and what it's not.

Firstly - the lesson is NOT that you should only focus on revenue.

Throughout all of this, I cared very much about my customers and affiliates - I went out of my way to help them, even if it meant helping them at 2am in the morning, while I was in bed on my laptop. 

I used to do that all the time before I built up a team of staff - and I still do it pretty often.

People won't keep on buying from you if you do a lousy job of serving them -and most of our business is from repeat customers.

We're not perfect and make mistakes... but, I make sure we are striving for perfection over the long term in taking care of our clients.

The lesson is something else, and it's very simple:

Keep your eye on the ball.

By that I mean... there's about a million distractions around you right now.

The internet is the ultimate distraction portal - unless you learn to control your use of it, it will chew you up and spit you out (ie. you'll watch 4 hours go by on Facebook and YouTube, and get nothing important done).

You need to be able to FOCUS on what is important in your business.

What is going to directly get you the result you're after?

Eg. right now, your goal is likely to make a sale.

Ok, so where are you going to get traffic to make that sale?

Which sites?

How do you buy a banner ad on their site?

Don't have a banner?  How do you make one?

Go do that.

Get the banner up.

Watch those stats.

etc...

There's usually a very straight line to getting the result you want - but it's so tempting to over complicate it with all the other info that is competing for your attention.

So, once you get that first sale in your first week... your new goal becomes, "how do I get two sales next week?"

And you go on and on from there.

This kind of thinking is responsible for me scaling my business from the ground up to over 550k last month.

It's not rocket science - it's just a matter of cause and effect.

So the question you're likely left with, is "what's a good high converting offer to promote?"

If you're in the marketing space right now - the single best offer that I know of, is this:


Of course... I'm a little biased.

But, based on the results, this system gives you the best chance of making those first few sales better than anything else out there.

Eg. I woke up this morning and saw one of my Australian MTTB members had made her first 3k commission.

We have gurus promoting that offer who are absolutely killing it right now, putting over 50 grand in their pocket each month.

But... we have lots and lots of newbies getting their first ever results online as well - which is very cool.

Try it out.

Go through the 21 steps in full.

It will require some work on your part... but I can assure you, it's well worth it.